So if you hear this song
Posted by vinu at 4:27 PM
1. Don’t pick on the weak. It’s immoral. Don’t antagonize the strong without cause, its stupid.
2. Don’t hate women. It’s a waste of time
3. Invest in yourself. Material things come to those that have self actualized.
4. Get in a fistfight, even if you are going to lose.
5. If something has a direct benefit to an individual or a class of people, and a theoretical, abstract, or amorphous benefit to everybody else, realize that the proponent’s intentions are to benefit the former, not the latter, no matter what bullshit they try to feed you.
6. Don’t take proffered advice without a critical analysis. 90% of all advice is intended to benefit the proponent, not the recipient. Actually, the number is probably closer to 97%, but I don’t want to come off as cynical.
7. You’ll spend your entire life listening to people tell you how much you owe them. You don’t owe the vast majority of people shit.
8. As a young man, you’re on your own. Society divides and conquers. Unlike women who have advocates looking out for them (NOW, Women’s Study Departments, government, non-profit organizations, political advocacy groups) almost no one is looking out for you.
9. Know that few people have your best interests at heart. Your mother does. Your father probably does (if he stuck around). Your siblings are on your side. Everybody else worries about themselves.
10. Don’t be afraid to tell people to “Fuck off” when need be. It is an important skill to acquire. As they say, speak your piece, even if your voice shakes.
11. Acquire empathy, good interpersonal skills, and confidence. Learn to read body language and non-verbal communication. Don’t just concentrate on your vocational or technical skills, or you’ll find your wife fucking somebody else.
12. Keep fit.
13. Don’t speak ill of your wife/girlfriend. Back her up against the world, even if she’s wrong. She should know that you have her back. When she needs your help, give it. She should know that you’ll take her part.
14. Have and nurture friendships with women.
15. Realize that love is a numbers game. Guys fall in love easily. You’re going to see some girl and feel like you’ll die if you don’t get her. If she rejects you, move on to the next one. It’s her loss.
16. Don’t be a poser. Avoid being one of those dudes who puts a surfboard on top of their car, but never surfs, or a dude with a powder coated fixed gear bike and a messenger bag, but was never a messenger. Live the life. Earn your bona fides.
17. Remember, 97% of all advice is worthless. Take what you can use, and trash the rest.
Posted by vinu at 1:25 PM
the "show about nothing"... my fave quote frm Seinfeld
Jerry: This isn’t a good time.
Telemarketer: When would be a good time to call back, sir?
Jerry: I have an idea, why don’t you give me your home number and I’ll call you back later? Telemarketer: Umm, we’re not allowed to do that.
Jerry: Oh, I guess because you don’t want strangers calling you at home.
Telemarketer: Umm, no. Jerry:
Well, now you know how I feel. [hangs up]
give it a try; it actually works
Posted by vinu at 12:17 AM
Funny how we get through life everyday without realizin what an amazingly well choreographed sequence is what we enlive. All that things culminate into, may not seem to have a purpose at outset but seemingly every small piece fits perfectly into the sleeve, every thing timed so precisely that it runs to clock-work precision.
Life is amazing in the great destinations it holds afloat but no mention on the journey to get there. As we sweep past the familiar terrains everyday takin little notice in the subtle changes that litter the way we pass, no time to stop, worrying; we carry our trifles with single minded devotion that blinds us to a mystery that constantly unfolds arounds us.
The day i stopped, turned, looked, gave stuff around a moment, took it all in; everything stopped and that moment held on, lingerin along ...... the all encompassing love for their child, the the two year-old smilin, the twinkle in the eye of the beloved, the mirth in the laugh of a friend, the pain of the outstretched needy arm, the indifference of the one who refuses, the helplessness of the one who looks on....
All last as moments that define the journey that we undertake, transformin itself into a lettered page .. with which we weave the great book of life.... who knows where we will end tomorrow.. but along the way we leave a little something... rather...we live a little something.. a little something for everyone... sometimes a moment holds on.... lingers along.... and lasts forever