2008-11-18

Rahul Gandhi - 'bachcha'

Rahul gandhi is 38. Rajnath Singh has been in politics for 35 years. matter-speak Rahul Gandhi is indeed a 'bachcha' to Rajnath Singh politically and otherwise.

"Compared to the likes of Rajnath Singh and other senior leaders, I am a 'bachcha'. It is a fact. I am a much younger person," said Rahul in response to media persons. Then took a step forward and made a sarcastic dig at the BJP president,"fortunately or unfortunately, 70 per cent of this country is 'bachcha'. "I think in a completely different way."

"He (Rajnath) would not have the desired impact as the country looks at things in a different manner. It is the way of looking things differently," Rahul said.

Maybe does mark rahul increasing his repertoire of words and ability to respond to his critics.

I happened to see the Rajnath Singh interview where the 'bachcha' comment was made. responding to shekar gupta's question, about the impact of rahul gandhi Rajnath responded,

" I would not like to comment on Rahul. I consider him a child and would not like to say anything about him" when probed further he said , " ... but as far as I am concerned he is like my child."

I aint no big fan of Rajnath Sing but to be fair to him he made the comment in a different context and the response maybe was in another.
Maybe there was no veiled attack leveled this time that Rahul responded.Wish he defended himself with the same fervour against Mayawati.

0 Comments: