2008-12-02

V.S. Achuthanandan and the Dog

As the shock over the attacks set in heads have begun to roll. In the aftermath of the attacks I had assumed not one politician would have lost his post. I have been plesantly surprised at the Home Minister's exit. It was long overdue. However both the Maharashtra Chief Minister and his deputy must be cursing bollywood for their own downfall. I thought both would escape the aftermath however both have been done in by their own foolishness.

Vilasrao looked like he was bloody taking a picnic in Taj with his entourage. I mean what the heck was he doing with his son and Ram Gopal Varma in tow.It was a place of carnage... not a freakin tourist spot that he carries his band of happy revellers. No wonder SMS's are doing rounds
"Ram Gopal Varma yahi kamaai ..do sarkar banai... ek giraai"

R.R. Patil's press conferences are a pain honestly.He is incoherent and difficult to comprehend. God only knows what he implied when he said, " aise hadse to Mumbai jaise bade shehron me to hote hi rahte hai"( these incidents happen in big cities like mumbai)..The less talked about it the better. He dug his own grave and has gone for good

The latest is the Kerala Chief Minister V.S. Achuthanandan throwing his hat in the ring. If anything V.S. was the farthest away from Mumbai. Major Sandeep Unnikrishnan laid down his life. The least VS could do was be sensitive to the family. I thought it was a mistake on his part to have none representing his government at the Major's funeral. Only the media pressure made him go to Bangalore.

Kudos to Sandeep's father for showing VS the door. Apparently VS had messaged sandeep's father a text offering his condolences. When asked about it when he reached B'lore by the martyr's father VS apparently could not even remember how the SMS started. Rightly turned out of his place by the father.

And then the masterstroke by VS.I dont know if it was his ego that could not bear it or was it plain stupidity that prompted him saying,"If it had not been (Major) Sandeep's house, not even a dog would have gone there". WTF..I am at a loss of words to describe what that means. A nation mourns the death of a braveheart and then we have absolutely ridiculous statements going about. For God's sake the family lost their only son. Spare a thought for the trauma they r undergoing and are yet to endure.

Not that i had too much respect for an 83 year old sticking to his chair still. Whatever little I had I am glad is not there anymore. His continual refusal to apologize is ridiculous. He apparently has done no wrong. I mean c'mon. have some shame.Look deep inside yourself. U ought to be ashamed. You are the face of kerala and are presenting such an awful front. Atleast Ifor sure am ashamed of you...period. I am sure the dogs around the country if they could express themselves will agree.

I dont what legacy VS will leave behind, if it can be called a legacy. In my eyes this is what u leave behind for me. I will always remember you as the guy who slighted a martyr's family at the worst possible time with scant respect for a nation pained by the loss.I am pained and outraged... and all you could was incense me further.

You may never be able to emulate the feats of Major Sandeep. Neither can i . The least one can do is acknowledge his supreme sacrifice and carry what he did in our heart and hope one day we can come in handy for our motherland in whatever way possible. Hope you do realize that you were indeed wrong opening your mouth. And may you be payed in the same coin.
Amen

0 Comments: