2008-10-23

walking against the wind...

...this evening. a day fractionated into little tasks and endless whirring of mind wheels. a forgotten phone-call remembered with a start. an invitation to come collect those fired pieces of earth. city lights lay a-twinkle below and afar. the fountain in the park trickled down to its final few goodbyes, steps retreating with the fading sun. feet to the pavement and a frosty wind greets me. the pull of what awaits me is stronger than that wall of wind. walking edge-ways and look ! the road divider has transformed itself into a marsh full of reed swaying in the mad wind! i hear the reed-fields sing, feel my knees push against the resistant marsh and cross over to hold the warm, just-out-of-kiln earth in my hands. returning along the same path, i feel a stillness within me that no howling wind can run the tiniest ripple through.

0 Comments: