2009-01-07

Call The Band

My interest in the music Call plays was awakened recently. Call have not been unheard of on the Indian music scene. The first of their songs i have heard was 'Laree chooti' from the movie ' Ek Chaalis Ki Last Local'. ( which in my view was a decent movie and with a tighter script and some pruning would have done wonderfully well). Their next song was " sab bhula ke" which occupied decent airtime on the erstwhile Indian music channels. I was always under the impression that call was a bangladeshi band.

The other day listening to the radio- which i dont do much- the song Mahi Ve caught my attention. Try hard as i much i could not figure out the movie that this song came from. Internet as always came to my rescue. It actually is a song by pakistani artiste Fakhir...pretty cool song too.. However while exploring the pakistani music scene apart from the popular bands like Jal, Strings etc Call somehow caught my attention with their brand of music which maybe has a rock touch to it. I was also plesantly surprised to find one of their songs on the sound track of "Luck by Chance" a mainstream bollywood film. Though i like the remix version of ' Yeh pal' better.. One of their songs amongst quite a few notworthy.. The video below is of a song 'bichar ke bhi'

0 Comments: